Turkey Meatballs in Spicy BBQ Sauce
Using Foster Farms Turkey Meatballs, this is a wonderful sauce to add to any favorite pasta dish!
Prep Time: approx.
5 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 25 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 30 minutes .
Printed from fosterfarms.com
1/2 large onion, finely chopped|
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon each of ground allspice, cloves and cayenne
1 can (14 ounce) tomato sauce
1/4 cup mild honey
3 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
Zest (finely shredded peel) and juice
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 packages (12 ounces each) Foster Farms Turkey Meatballs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over low heat. Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, the salt, allspice, cloves, and cayenne.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, honey, Worcestershire, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, and mustard; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until thickened and saucy, about 10 minutes.
5. Add meatballs; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
6. Adjust salt; add more cayenne for a spicier sauce, if desired.
7. Transfer meatballs in sauce to a chafing dish or platter.