Turkey Cobb Salad with Bacon Dijon Vinaigrette
A quick and easy salad full of goodies for that last minute side dish or party dish!
Prep Time: approx.
10 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 5 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 15 minutes .
Printed from fosterfarms.com
Zest of ½ a lemon, finely shredded
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3/8 teaspoon sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 thin slices of bacon, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 package (about 1 ¼ pounds) Foster Farms Turkey Breast Strips
8-12 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (about 1 to 1 ½ heads)
20-24 small cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
2 avocados, peeled, pitted, cut bite-size
4-6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, and cut into quarters
4-6 ounces blue cheese, shredded, shaved, or crumbled
1. In a jar, combine lemon zest and juice, mustard, the sugar, 3/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add ½ cup of oil; let stand.
2. In a 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring frequently, until just crisp. Drain fat; transfer about 2/3 of bacon to paper-towel lined plate to use later. Add garlic to bacon in skillet; cook 1 minute.
3. Add vinegar, scraping skillet; spoon into jar with lemon mixture; seal tightly. Shake well before using.
4. Clean now empty skillet; heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons reserved vinaigrette. Set aside.
5. Place lettuce in a large bowl. Set aside about half reserved vinaigrette to use later. Spoon just enough of remaining vinaigrette over lettuce to lightly coat; toss. Arrange lettuce on plates; top with tomatoes, avocados, eggs, cheese, and reserved turkey and bacon. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette, as desired. Dust with pepper to taste.