Chicken & Ham Marsala
This variation of our favorite Marsala recipe includes ham tucked inside Foster Farms fresh chicken thighs for additional flavor. Enjoy with a side salad and your favorite wine.
1 package Foster Farms Thighs, deboned
1/4 pound cooked ham, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 can (10 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1. Divide chopped ham into 6 portions. Fill inside of chicken thighs with ham. Fold over to close, and tie, skin side out, with string (or secure with skewers).
2. Pour butter into a 9-inch square baking dish. Roll chicken in butter and place in dish.
3. Combine mushrooms, soup, sour cream and Marsala in saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. As soon as mixture begins to bubble, remove it from the heat.
4. Pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes more.
5. Remove chicken to serving platter. Pour sauce into saucepan. Simmer until warm. Add cornstarch paste. Stir until thickened. Pour over chicken and serve.