Livingston, CA | Day | 32041
Essential Job Functions
1. Manage all packaging design aspects of new product development across all production facilities working in conjunction with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and company suppliers.
2. Lead the technical development of new product packaging during the prototype design layout stage.
3. Develop prototype product specifications incorporating target operations machinery resulting in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for both structure and equipment.
4. Develop start up protocol for plant trials and commercialization stage using commonly accepted KPIs from Operations and Marketing.
5. Oversee all plant trials, reporting against predetermined KPIs, and oversee all first commercialization runs, gaining Plant Management and Marketing acceptance.
6. Provide technical expertise to assure all company packaging is best in class with regards to new technologies and structures, respective of current machinery, and the functionality of the individual finished good.
7. Identify opportunities working with Suppliers, Operations, Marketing and Purchasing.
8. Develop a prioritized project list with input from Marketing, Operations, Product Development and Purchasing to assist in managing supplier expectations and track all progress and report results on a quarterly basis.
9. Lead the effort to have all raw materials packaging product specification written using a common template, develop template for specification using industry standards.
10. Gain acceptance from respective supplier and appropriate internal departments on an individual SKU basis and manage the internal database as needed.
11. Provide technical expertise for mid to large scale operational issues regarding packaging and work directly with Operations and suppliers to identify the root cause of continuing problems.
12. Develop long term solutions for respective problems.
13. Participate in Industry organizations as appropriate.
1. BS degree in Packaging, Engineering, with an emphasis in flexible.
2. Three-five years of direct involvement in product development and commercialization testing.
3. Proven project management skills and the ability to create change across multiple departments.
4. Must have a broad business perspective of the requirements for operating within a large vertically integrated organization.
5. Must have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment and decision-making ability
6. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management and team leads, both written and verbal
1. Broad knowledge of domestic food packaging requirements.
2. Field/Plant work required
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be able to travel 30%
3. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office.
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations.
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 32041
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings