Sanitation Level 1 Lead
Location: Compton, CA |
Shift: Swing |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 35337
Essential Job Functions
1. Monitor all sanitation processing operations maintain the efficient flow of the production process to meet the planned sanitation rates.
2. Provide direction, guidance, assistance to the sanitarians as required.
3. Monitor the breakdown, disassembling and/or loosening of nuts, screw, belts removal of machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and guards.
4. Provide training for new hires/transfers and on-going, remedial or updates training for existing employees as required.
5. Perform Pre-Op with sanitarian on all equipment before QC and USDA inspector and make adjustment when necessary.
6. Check the work schedule, receive cleaning assignment, obtain supplies required to perform the work, put on all of the required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear and prepare for operations.
7. Administer supplies, ensuring correct materials and quantities are delivered to the appropriate area and/or removed as scheduled.
8. Ensure changeovers, run-offs and set-ups are performed as outlined in the SOP.
9. Expedite the sanitation process, inform Supervisor of daily progress and provide reports as required.
10. At the end of shift secure all equipment, perform general housekeeping duties and complete all required paperwork
1. Able to work safely and set an example of safe working habits for his/her coworkers.
2. Ability to understand and perform the various tasks to standards established for the department.
3. Must be able to understand the concept of time and be able to demonstrate his abilities to each sanitarian.
4. Be able to be certified as a forklift driver to move materials when necessary.
5. Be able to take over the cleaning of equipment in the processing plant when there is a shortage of sanitarians.
6. Be able to learn and understand the concept of HRC cleaning and monitor the application. Learn the QUADEXX dispensing unit and able to know FIFO system to manage chemical inventory.
7. Learn how the fryer system Works and be in communication with processing when oil needs to be removed or changed.
8. Ability to meet the physical requirements lifting 50llbs, climbing ladders and stairs, standing for prolonged periods.
9. Knowledge of basic mathematical skills. Work experience specific to the department preferred. Must have a good employment record. Must be able to understand and follow all written SSOP’s.
10. Must be able to understand MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets). Must be able to work the scheduled /assigned times and required overtime for the position. Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
11. Ability to read written instructions and communicate verbally in English with management and hourly employees bilingual English/Spanish (beneficial).
12. Ability to give instructions and follow-up with hourly employees.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings