Location: Compton, CA |
Shift: Swing |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 33274
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise the making and packaging of Fernando’s products that comply with all formulations, specifications, methods, procedures and practices so that Quality Control and HACCP regulations are meet to produce a wholesome product.
2. Train and monitor hourly employees taking appropriate disciplinary action as required.
3. Ensure a safe work environment by training and conducting prompt and thorough accident investigations.
4. Provide timely feedback to immediate supervisor regarding problems with productivity, quality, safety down time and regulatory issues.
5. Manage his/her line to achieve company yield objectives.
6. Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements.
1. Must have an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in business, a technical or related discipline preferred, or applicable equivalent experience, preferably in the frozen food industry.
2. Must have three years of food manufacturing experience, with two years in a shift management or production supervision role.
3. Must demonstrate ability to communicate well verbally and in writing bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have good interpersonal skills.
4. Must have strong mathematical background and be able to perform calculations on quality, productivity, time cards, reports, etc..
5. Must have strong leadership, decision making, and critical thinking skills and be able to act independently.
6. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
7. Must be able to evaluate employees fairly and objectively must possess strong human resource skills.
8. Must have the ability to understand and deal effectively with massive regulatory requirements.
9. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new systems (i.e., Kronos, SAP, etc.).
10. Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends, as needed. Must be able to stand on the production floor for varying amount of times with or without accommodations.
11. Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings