IT Technical Lead MES SAP MII
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 29503
Essential Job Functions
1. Project Analysis, System Design, Development, Project Management, Implementation, Maintenance, and Support of manufacturing execution system custom built via SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) and Microsoft SQL platform tightly integrated into corporate SAP ECC ERP system.
2. Definition of business problems and opportunities, gathering and documentation of requirements, analysis and organization of information to support formation of projects, analysis of technology and infrastructure alternatives and implications.
3. Architecting, designing, developing and testing of SAP ECC, SAP MII, MS-SQL, and OSI PI systems solutions to business problems/issues. Utilization of Foster Farms Systems Development Methodology (SDM) on all initiatives.
4. Translation of a conceptual alternative into a descriptive model, specification, data flow diagram or other relevant method that defines the system components which must be delivered, and the method for delivering them. Includes functional design, technical design and design validation.
5. This position will be responsible for project management of small to mid size projects and sub-projects and oversight of the project activities of other application support specialists and associate functional analysts.
6. Direct the planning, execution and support of the assigned projects, including project initiation, control of projects during execution and project completion/closure. Insure project plans are in accordance with overall business objectives. Prepare and maintain detailed and summary level project plans. Prepare periodic management status reports and lead status reporting meetings. Collect and monitor data portraying the status of deliverables related to key milestones. Identify and acquire the staff with the skills required for successful execution of projects. Enforce the disciplined use of Foster Farms methodology in the planning and management of all assigned projects.
7. Provide end-user support to existing users of Foster Farms Manufacturing Systems. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of end user problems as well as performing routine system maintenance checks and corrective actions such as maintaining, adjusting, and manipulating interfaces to SAP and other systems where applicable.
8. Will contribute to ongoing system improvement efforts. This includes collecting requirements from business users, researching available solutions, developing and documenting conceptual design alternatives, communicating effectively conceptual designs, writing technical specifications, performing SAP MII development, coordinating development work with ABAP development staff, building and configuring prototypes and prototype documentation, communicating to and educating business users, conducting unit testing, conducting and coordinating integration and user acceptance testing, working with security team to ensure appropriate system authorization, and migrating to production.
9. Prepare comprehensive and thorough design and training documentation, training subject matter experts, providing post-implementation support efforts interacting regularly with end users, engaging in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues, and providing continuous improvements to all aspects of design and processes.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility in software design, development, configuration and programming.
3. Manufacturing function and execution systems knowledge. Experience designing, developing, testing, documenting, implementing, and supporting manufacturing execution systems.
4. Must be capable of working to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
5. Must be highly goal and results oriented.
6. Must be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems with minimal supervision.
7. Extensive experience with software/solution development – architecting, designing, developing, testing, implementing and supporting custom and packaged software-based solutions.
8. Extensive experience with all software development lifecycle phases and activities.
9. Extensive experience learning and documenting complex business processes.
10. Demonstrated project management experience for large-sized projects.
11. Must be effective teacher/mentor to educate other team members in manufacturing systems capabilities, Systems Development Methodologies, systems design and development and other best practices.
12. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and be capable of envisioning creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
13. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, users, and team members, both written and verbal.
14. Excellent technical skills (e.g. SAP ECC, SAP MII, MS-SQL – database, query, and stored procedure design, OSI PI data historian, MS Office suite, MS Project, etc.).
15. Familiarity with plant equipment systems (PLC, SCADA, HMI, OPC).
16. Extensive experience designing, building, testing and implementing supporting reports.
17. At least 10 years total information technology experience, 7 years of which are related to manufacturing systems.
18. Must possess specific and in-depth skills, knowledge, and experience with multiple facets of manufacturing systems.
19. Must possess in-depth knowledge of multiple programming languages and various packaged software customizing techniques.
1. Master’s Degree
2. Engineering background strongly preferred. Familiarity with business process reengineering, six sigma, lean manufacturing, etc. is strongly desired.
3. 5 years of IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
4. 10 years of experience in Systems Development
5. 5 years experience with Business Systems in SAP ECC ERP environment.
6. 5 years of SAP ECC experience in manufacturing, batch management, inventory management, and product costing aspects PP, PP-PI, MM, and CO modules.
6. 3-5 years experience with SAP MII development.
7. 3-5 years experience in designing, implementing, and supporting OSI PI data historian environment.
8. 3-5 years experience connecting and collecting historical data from plant equipment systems (PLC, SCADA, HMI, OPC).
9. Broad consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
10. Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
6. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
7. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
8. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings