Location: Compton, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 29721
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for processing/production department(s) and for meeting department and company goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety.
2. Must effectively lead and facilitate plant daily meeting through the established Review & Response process.
3. Responsible for the development and training of supervisors and employees, working within the guidelines of Company Policies and the Union contract.
4. Participate at department meetings in the production planning process.
5. Collaborate to develop new techniques/processes, as well as measure and asses effectiveness of implementation.
6. Responsible for quick and timely feedback to plant manager on all exceptions in regards to productivity, downtime, quality yield, cost and safety and managing the correction of areas which are out of acceptable parameters.
7. Ensure department compliance with Company policies, laws and regulations which include USDA, SSOP and HACCP programs and all OSHA required safety programs.
8. Administer to ensure that safety orientations and safety meetings are held as required to keep frequency and severity to a minimum.
9. Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements.
1. Must have a B.S./B.A. in Business Management (or related field) and/or equivalent work experience.
2. Must have five to ten years with increasingly responsible management experience in the food processing industry, preferably in the frozen food industry/ready to eat facility.
3. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand English Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
4. Must be able to evaluate supervision fairly and objectively.
5. Must exhibit strong leadership skills/internal drive to succeed.
6. Must be able to prioritize/adjust quickly to a changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet changing production needs.
7. Must have advanced problem solving skills and independent decision making.
8. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Operational programs.
9. Must be able to work varying shifts and have regular attendance.
10. Must be able to stand on the production floor for varying amount of times with or without accommodations.
11. Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings